About Me

My photo
I am a wife of a student pastor and mom of two amazing and energy-filled little boys. I used to teach in classrooms, now I teach at home. I am walking through life one day at a time, learning what it means to dream big and use my life for God's glory. Oh, and I really love Austin.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Unglued



This week Im starting my first online bible study with the book Unglued by Lisa Terkeurst. There are so many reasons why I chose to follow an online bible study, mostly for the amazing flexibility you can have as a mom with young kids and still be able to dive into a study with a community of other women. Im not driving my kids around during nap time, taking the boys to childcare, or going to a specific location to meet these ladies. Its going to take work on my part to set aside this time, to participate in the interactions, and not short-chage myself throughout this process. Im committing to make this a priority in my week and let the dishes and laundry sit so I can dive in and give this 100%. If you know me, you have to know that I thrive on being "busy" so this in itself is a huge heart challenge for me. Leaving the crazy amount of dishes in the sink this morning was no easy feat! I know my heart needs this time, and I can live with a messy kitchen this morning, it's better than a messy heart. 

Being a ministry wife it's tough to be a part of a small group setting where you experience certain expectations from different people, but mostly the ones I put on myself. After just finishing Pricilla Shirers book One In A Million I was challenged to move into unknown territory and surround myself with people who won't watch me too closely, who are diving in with authenticity, and a group that would include people from various denominations and life experiences. It challenged me to step outside of my comfort zone and move into a study with people who I don't personally know face-to-face and who might not know me either. Its not about my church or the specific studies offered there, its about my heart condition and taking time to step back from the weekly bible study small groups and refresh my heart around an online community who won't hold extra weight to my words because were a "ministry family". Lets be real, my family is at church almost on a daily basis. Between errands, going up to say hi to "daddy" and different volunteer roles, its time to make church a place I can't wait to arrive at instead of that "were here again" feeling. Like I said, its my heart condition. 

If your interested in following this study, click on Melissa Taylor's online bible study link and read how you can jump right in! Let me know if your participating! Id love to interact with you through my blog or facebook as we go through this study! 

No comments:

Post a Comment