About Me

My photo
I am a wife of a student pastor and mom of two amazing and energy-filled little boys. I used to teach in classrooms, now I teach at home. I am walking through life one day at a time, learning what it means to dream big and use my life for God's glory. Oh, and I really love Austin.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 17, 2012

The infamous chair


This purple chair is in high demand. 

This cozy chair invites you to come in and sit down after a long day of 22 first graders. This purple chair is a place where you can take a two minute get away before starting the second half of your teaching day, or a place where you can sit down for an hour with tears in your eyes and be able to pray through your deepest hurts. 

I love this purple chair. Mostly because it belongs to someone special. Someone who was near the purple chair praying for me, seeing through my tears, and to hand me a chai tea and send me on my way. When it was time for me to go, I can guarantee there was someone else waiting for their turn in the purple chair.

We crave purple chair time. 

I don't live near the purple chair anymore. Really, I haven't sat down in it for the past two years. The best part of the purple chair? It was a place where I could come with no agenda, expectations, or people surrounding me, and I could take a deep breath. I knew I was being prayed over, and loved on. 

Im praying that this blog can be that place for me. A place where the expectations take a back seat and I can take a deep breath. I pray that this is a place where I can process through ministry life, mommy-hood, and my story, in hopes to remind myself that in between my deepest hurts and my greatest joys it is all working together for good. Im so thankful thats a guaranteed promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment